Monday, December 30, 2013

New Computer Armoire / Bookshelf / Fireplace

When we moved into our house, we kinda lived with this boring looking fireplace.
My wife wasn't to fond of the lame computer desk, and the boring ikea shelf, and the tv just hanging there. I do like the santa leg though!!! So, I decided to make use of that time I took off work during Christmas. I informed my wife that I would turn the whole wall into something awesome. So I started with the fireplace.

And before I knew what happened I had bookshelves and cabinets and everything!!! All from scratch! I used mdf board for almost everything, except the trim on the doors and the mantel. The computer is hiding in the top right closet, along with a board that slides out with the keyboard on it. Now, all the wires from the xbox and the wii and the blu-ray player are all hidden. Sometimes I amaze myself!


BOB

No comments:

Post a Comment